Filter projects by markets or services
Client name: Vista Gold
Location: Northern Territory, Australia
Total project value: US$ 1.4bn
Duration: April 2012 – Now
Services provided: Pre-feasibility and feasibility studies
Mt Todd gold project
The Tetra Tech Proteus pre-feasibility study for Vista Gold’s Mt Todd gold facility in the Northern Territory evaluated two scenarios: a base case of 50,000 tonnes per day, and an alternate case for 33,000 tonnes per day. The design features a crushing circuit with high pressure grinding mills to raise productivity and reduce waste.
Mt Todd gold facility is a brownfields site with significant existing infrastructure and Tetra Tech Proteus’ pre-feasibility study focused on process plant and non-process infrastructure. Our methodology included developing process design criteria and documentation, 3D models and design reviews.
The study included:
- Reviewing existing building condition
- Process design review and preliminary design for process plant and infrastructure
- Water supply, tailings dam and geology
- Surface water, hydrogeology and acid and metalliferous drainage
- Capital and operating costs estimates
- Mine, process plant, and project services and project infrastructure closures