Filter projects by markets or services
Client name: Greenland Minerals and Energy
Location: Southern Greenland, Denmark
Services provided: Feasibility study
Kvanefjeld Feasibility Study
Work must be planned around the summer and winter months as winter temperatures fall well below zero around Narsaq, Greenland where Greenland Minerals and Energy Ltd is developing a rare earths and uranium project. Tetra Tech Proteus is providing the feasibility study and will also provide specialty arctic design coordination services for the project.
The world-class rare earth mine comprising mine, concentrator, refinery, port and an accommodation village is in feasibility study phase. It will be built with minimal impact to the community by considering opportunities for local and Danish businesses.
With a cost-effective, flexible approach to project implementation, Tetra Tech Proteus’ objectives for the feasibility study are to:
- Complete a conceptual 3D design of the plant
- Complete material take-offs so others can derive a capital cost estimate within 20 percent accuracy
- Base design and estimate for each engineering discipline to support the inputs to capital cost estimate
- Provide project management and project controls
- Prepare and maintain a project schedule that, amongst other items, identifies long lead time items.